Monday 27 April 2015

Brow Game… Product Battle - L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper vs. Maybelline Brow Drama!

When I discovered the power of brow filling, my make up life changed!
I like keeping my brow somewhat in it natural wild state, but still groomed and tamed.
For that I need some good brow products - I have been in love with the Maybelline Brow Drama since first use, but was very intrigued when L'Oreal launched their version, mostly because of smaller wand.

So now I have given both a good try, so I'm ready to let you know, what I think.

L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper in Blonde - Maybelline Brow Drama in Deep Blonde
One of the main things, that make me prefer one over the other is the applicators.
The Brow Artist have a small cone-formed wand and the Brow Drama has a rather large ball on the end.
I think the small cone form makes the application so much easier, and I actually never really got the idea behind the ball applicator of the Brow Drama.
However make sure to take of some of the product of the Brow Artist wand, as it comes out with quite a lot and this is not an issue with the Brow Drama.

Colour-wise they are, as the swatches show, a bit different - the Brow Artist is a bit warmer and more "caramel", where the Brow Drama is more cool-toned and taupe coloured.
I do prefer the cooler tone of the Brow Drama, and because of the warmer tone of the Brow Artist, I can not use this alone, but only over a cooler toned brow pencil.

Where the Brow Drama is kind of just a straight up tinted brow gel, the Brow Artist have a bit more of a "filler" effect, somewhat like the Benefit Gimme Brow, where it has small fibers, that adds to the brows - which I really like, as it really do good for my sparse, but quite bushy brows.
Both dry to a great non-crusty finish. 

So to sum up, for the applicator and formulation/effect, I do prefer the Brow Artist, and I have been reaching for this over the Brow Drama ever since I got it - I just really would have liked it so much better, if it had the same colour as the Brow Drama.

Both are great brow products, and even though they at first glance seem to be the same, they are actually quite different, so what you go with, depends on your needs.
If you only want a brow gel, the Brow Drama is great, but if you are looking for a bit of a filler, you should go with Brow Artist.
(both also come in clear, and because I prefer the wand of the Brow Artist, I would recommend that one, if you are just looking for a clear one).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...