Sunday 22 September 2013

A day trip to London... Mini Beauty Haul & First Impressions!

So I'm in the UK for 5 months to study, and once I had settled in at my new house, first on my to-do list was a day trip to London.

I had quite a few bits on my wish list, that I wouldn't be able to get, where I'm living.

These are the beauty bits I got on my day trip to London.


Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray:
This was a repurchase.
I never really fell in love it the first time around, but even so I missed it, when it was gone - so I got a new one :-)
You can read my review here.

Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow:
I have been wanting this for so long, but Illamasqua isn't available in Denmark and I never managed to get it online.
I use it as a contour, which it is meant to be perfect as for fair people.
I like it, but I would probably have preferred it being a shade darker.
Also I love the texture of these cream pigments for blush (see my review of the colour Androgen here), but for contour I find it a bit hard to blend.
I like it, and I will be using it, but I probably won't repurchase it.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light:
I really debated with myself, whether to get this.
I thought is was a bit steep for a powder, however from what I'd heard about it, it seemed perfect for me.
I really don't like a very powdered look, but still like to set my make up and keep the shine at a "healthy glow" level.
But in the end, I did get it and Holly Mother, I'm so glad, I did!
This is amazing stuff - it gives you the perfect flawless and glowing look.
It also makes my make up last a lot longer, which is a great added bonus.
I can't recommend this enough and I think, that even though it is quite expensive, it is worth the money and I will buy it again and again.

MAC Palette:



This past year I have extended my MAC eyeshadow collection quite a bit, so a palette was the next logic step (in my mind at least).
MAC is a bit more affordable in the UK, so that's why I have waited.
Together with the palette I got four shadows, that I have been wanting for a while.
The ones I got were - Naked Lunch, Rice paper, Cranberry and Embark.
By now I have also depotted my other MAC shadows, and I love having them altogether.

Pixi Glow Tonic:


My first week in the UK, my skin acted up so badly - but then I got this.
This is great stuff. 
I don't think my skin has looked this great in very long time!
I will have to go back to London and stock up before January, when I go back home, because I don't see myself living without this and unfortunately it is only available in the Pixi store in London.

So these were my London beauty buys :-)

What's at the top of your beauty wish list?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...